Thursday, November 27, 2014

My signature calling card

I have been working on a design of a calling card that will be nice to leave to someone who hosts a party or worshop for me. I want something that will stand out and that it can be left on a table and someone will be curious to pick it up and read my name. This process had taken me a number of trials with the size and how to make one was the challenge in designing the card.  I wanted something with the punched out flower to give the 3D effect but I also want it to be collapsible so it can be easy to store and/or put in an envelop.  So a collapsible cuboid with flower on it was created. I love the versatility of flower shop and heart punch for making leaves and the size of the flower was a big factor in deciding how many flower should be attached. I wanted it to look full but keeping in mind that too many flowers will restrict the cube to be collapsible.
I have definitely enjoyed the process as I went through series of making collapsible cube and just couldn't get the right combination of dimensions until I finally hit the jackpot. 
So here it is , my very own 3D calling card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment