Thursday, July 23, 2015

RCH Creation's cascading card design


I have seen lots of designs on how to make a cascading card. So I decided to give it a go. I know that the card stock is cut in a diagonal way so to give the sloping effect as it is folded and this is all I based my design from. 
I used the full width of a 12" x 12" card stock but I had it cut so the back part of the card is 6" and sloping down to 2" to the front. Then I scored it at 3", 6", & 9". This gave me the 4 parts of the card that is folded in concertina fold. The back fold is interlocked so that a cut was made up around half way up the height of the first fold at the back. The second fold forms the middle part of the card and the front fold is also interlocked with the other card stock. The middle part of the card leaves a very big space. I then cut two strips of card stock and wide enough to also have these two interlocked by cutting up to halfway up the width at around the middle part of the strips.these were then glued into place so that when the card is flat the interlocking strips in the middle part of the card moves around freely and stay flat. I used these to as another layer to attach my flowers and leaves. This makes the card look a lot fuller and provided me wit lots of spaces to enhance the card's finishing.
The collage photo above shows the interlocking strips in the middle of the card and the fulness of the layering. To make the card firm and stable, the bak and the front of the card was layered with a card stock. This also covered the joint parts of the back and front of the card.
I hope this instruction will provide you an inspiration to create the RCH Creation's version of the cascading card.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment