Thursday, July 16, 2015

Slopping card in a box

I was at a garden centre today and saw 3D cards for sale, in a card in a box design, priced at $10. The shop attendant commented on how clever the lady is and when I said yes they are nice and I make them myself she quickly dropped the conversation. This really gave me an idea that , although the size of the card was small, I used to make it this size,  as it was at the shop it actually didn't look bad at all. I always thought they are a bit too small. With this, I am now fully convinced that a small size card in a box is the way to go.
So tonight I decided I will make this card in a box in around the same dimensions as the one from the shop, but making it a bit taller will make it a lot more better. 
So here it is.

Having the box feature sloping downward makes it a much complex card. Putting the ideas together came with some challenge, so it I had to design the insert so that it provided a much more complex layering of pieces. To do this, I have added an insert that is folded at the centre so I can work around the layering a lot better. 
So this is it, my prototype and will be on the market for soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment