Saturday, July 15, 2017

Flower pot pop up card version two

Following from my first pop up card, this time around I wanted to improved the lattice work of the pot using four strips. So having four strip was a trial and error as I have not worked out the best distance between the notch. So I thought having the notch a bit wide apart will be fine. It gave me the lattice I was hoping to create but the distance from the notch to the end to attached it to the pot was a bit tight. I still used it though. 
The next improvement to work on was the making of the tab without using a template. I was able to do this by tracing the inside base of the pot positioned on the bottom part of the card base. The pot joint was lined up with the card fold. The tab was positioned by tracing the base of the pot on to the card base. A small square was outline by this outline. Three sides of the square was cut leaving the side where the pot outline was drawn was left uncut. For this particular card the tab was made at the bottom of the pot and this enables the pot to tilt down when it's folded up. The tab as per version one was cut from the outside of the pot's space. This created two holes I have to make sure I covered both on the inside and outside of the card. This meant a lot of fiddling around on the inside of the card. Anyway, this had to be done so I utilised the same designer paper I used outside the card to get the continuity of the design theme. 
Having completed the main structure of the card, the composition of the pot was again based on the colour of the card base and what I found has worked in the passed. 
So here is version two in berry burst colour.
The front of the card.
The inside of the card.

The lattice affects the depth of the presentation.

The slightly tilted card with the sentiment stamped on the left side of the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment